- 1 quart sized caning jar.
- 2 to 3 cucumbers Washed well to remove any wax coating. Sliced into spears.
- 1 to 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 3 to 4 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ white onion whole or cut into wedges
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 3 black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp chili pepper flakes optional - more if you like it spicy1
- Place cucumbers in the jar, packing them as tightly as you can without forcing them. Be sure to leave room for the onion and garlic.
- Tuck dill weed between the cucumber spears and add the garlic and onion.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the jar, making sure the cucumbers are completely covered. If you need additional liquid, use equal parts of vinegar and water.
- Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate. Occasionally shake the jar gently to stir up the spices.
These can be eaten within a few hours, but overnight is better. 2-3 days is best to allow the flavors to fully absorb. These are not shelf-stable and must remain refrigerated. They will last about 2 to 3 weeks in the refrigerator, but they are so good, it probably won't take that long to go through them!
Tried this recipe?Mention @betr_health or tag #betrmeals