- 4 chicken breasts Tenderized, or substitute 2 cups of fresh spinach or kale lightly chopped.
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- 1 tsp grape seed oil
- 1 clove garlic Peeled and crushed.
- 1 medium yellow onion Diced.
- 1 red bell pepper Diced.
- 1 green bell pepper Diced.
- 8 oz organic crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp fresh basil or parsley Chopped.
- 2 to 3 zucchini Spiralized for "noodles"
- Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Using saute' setting on the Instant Pot, add 1 tsp grape seed oil and brown chicken on both sides. Remove.
- Add grape seed oil to the pot and saute' garlic, onions and peppers until soft and brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the pot and pour in tomatoes. Add oregano, basil, bay leaf and stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes, natural release.
- Serve over zucchini "noodles" topped with with fresh basil or parsley.
I love any meal that is easy, healthy and adds flavor to my family’s dinner time bringing them racing to the table. With busy schedules, I need all the help I can get and this is a great meal to throw together or make ahead on the weekend and reheat. You can also double it and freeze the other 1/2 to put in smaller lunch sized containers creating re-heatable lunches. And best of all…1 pot clean-up! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @betr_health or tag #betrmeals