- 6 cloves whole peeled garlic
- 1 lb organic chicken breast Rinsed and patted dry. If your chicken is on the thick side, you may consider tenderizing it (pounding it out).
- 2 tsp water
- ¼ cup organic low sodium chicken stock
- 2 lemons 1 juiced, 1 sliced.
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the garlic in a roasting pan, coated lightly with coconut oil.
- Lay the chicken pieces over the garlic cloves.
- Top the chicken, in order, with water, chicken stock, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange half of the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Roast in oven, turning occasionally and being careful to return the lemon slices on top, until the chicken is golden and most of the liquid has evaporated. Internal temperature of the chicken should be 160° F. Time will vary from 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and serve garnished with the whole roasted garlic cloves and remaining lemon slices.
- Did you know that oregano initially means “mountain joy” and contains various vitamins, fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, calcium, and potassium? It is great for your immune system and a superb herb that can help you fighting off a cold! It is also super delicious when combined with chicken and roasted garlic.
Tried this recipe?Mention @betr_health or tag #betrmeals