Servings: 4 people
- 1 large lemon ends trimmed, sliced to 1/4 inch rounds, seeds removed.
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer until salt dissolves (1-2 minutes) turn to medium-low heat.
- Cover and cook until lemon rinds start to look translucent. (about 12 minutes)
- Set aside to cool, transfer to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blitz until smooth and thick.
- Add a tablespoon of water if you think it needs to be thinner. It should be a spreadable paste.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Pour a thin layer of olive oil on top to preserve. Cover and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Choose smooth-skinned lemons when possible, as they contain more juice.
Tried this recipe?Mention @betr_health or tag #betrmeals