- 1 lb organic chicken breast Boneless, skinless.
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups low sodium organic chicken broth
- ¼ cup yellow onion Chopped.
- 2 cloves fresh garlic Thinly sliced.
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- to taste Cayenne pepper Optional.
- 2 cups tomatoes Sliced.
- 6 leaves fresh basil Rolled and sliced. Substitute 4 Tbsp dried basil.
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Pound the chicken breast with meat tenderizer until ½ inch thick.
- In a small saucepan, lightly brown chicken with lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of the chicken broth.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and remaining broth. Cook chicken on medium heat until done (juices should run clear).
- After chicken is cooked, add fresh tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Mention @betr_health or tag #betrmeals