- The information we collect on the Site:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable information,” or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. You may provide us with personal information of various types and in various ways on the Service, including, without limitation, when you register for an account, use the Service, post or share User Content (as defined in the Terms), make a purchase on the Service, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging features, send us customer service-related requests, or otherwise communicate with us. For example, when you register for the Service, we collect your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and information about what interests you about our Service. We may also collect additional information when you continue to use the Service, including without limitation, your mailing address, a username, and password and other information that may identify you, such as, gender, age, social security number, driver’s license number, geographic area, preferences, payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and billing address), and insurance information. We may also receive health information from you or on your behalf such as information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health-related information. Please remember that Betr may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using the Service, you consent to the recording, storage, and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Service, we, and our third-party partners, may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third-party content on the Service. Additionally, we may implement third-party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Betr does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
- Do Not Track Signals. Your device operating system or browser may include settings, options, or add-on components to control the placement and presence of cookies and access to location information. We do not track our users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and do not specifically respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
- How we use the information we collect.
- We may use the information that we collect on or through the Service (i) to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service; (ii) to provide services and information that you request; (iii) to respond to comments and questions and communicate with you about the Service; (iv) to verify your identity; (v) to detect, prevent, investigate and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms, or other misuse of our Service or any other Betr websites or services; (vi) process payment card transactions; (vii) otherwise to provide support to users; and (viii) for any other use permitted by applicable law, including for research purposes.
- We may use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on or through the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content (as defined in the Terms) or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us, by the Providers, and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Service to (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to reenter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
- We may access or store your information if it is necessary to detect, prevent or address fraud and other illegal activity or to protect the safety, property or rights of Betr or others.
- We may use information regarding your location or the location of your device through which you access the Service for a number of purposes, including without limitation to confirm you are located in a jurisdiction in which the Service is offered and to identify an appropriate Provider.
- We may collect, analyze, use, publish, create and sell de-identified information, of which your protected health information might be a component, for any business or other purpose not prohibited by applicable law, including for research and marketing purposes.
- When we disclose information.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. Please do not provide personal information in these areas that you would not want to be public;
- We may disclose your information to Providers for treatment, or payment processing or operational purposes;
- We work with third-party service providers who provide website, payment, application development, hosting, maintenance, analytics, identifying and serving targeted advertisements and other services for us, including, by way of example, Stripe and Google Analytics. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions;
- We may disclose your information with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Pure Proactive Health Inc., DBA Betr Heath and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Pure Proactive Health Inc., DBA Betr Heath, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- We may make certain automatically collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally identifiable information available to third parties or users of the Service for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service;
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies;
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements and Terms), or the rights, property, or safety of others;
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets; and
- We may de-identify your information and disclose such de-identified information for any business or other purpose not prohibited by applicable law.
- Your Choices
- Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising.
- Cookies. Most browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5.
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Cross-device linking. Please note that opting out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt out on each browser or device you use.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt out of interest based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt out of some—but not all—interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
- Some of these opt outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt out again.
- Third-Party Services
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- Privacy Settings
- Jurisdictional Issues
- Changes and Updates to this Policy
- Our Contact Information
- Special Terms for Patients
- Send you communications on behalf of the Providers and to facilitate the provision of health care services to you by the Providers;
- Invite you to participate in IRB-approved research studies performed by Betr. This research may be sponsored by, on behalf of, or in collaboration with third parties, such as academic institutions, nonprofit organizations, and pharmaceutical companies. If you agree to participate in such a study, we will use the information we receive for the purposes of the study and share it with study sponsors and collaborators. To participate in such a study, you will need to agree to an IRB-approved consent form that Betr provides to you. The consent form will provide additional, detailed information about the study. If you have not provided your express consent to participate in Betr’s IRB-approved research studies, Betr will not use your information provided through the Service for such IRB-approved studies. Betr will, however, use information for other research purposes as described in this Policy.
- Information on your progress is shared with your support system, including your nutrition coach (“Program Lead”) through the portion of the Service available to Program Leads (“Program Lead Portal”). Your Program Lead will have full access to all program data through the Program Lead Portal to provide personalized coaching services.
- In the event that a user discloses, or a Program Lead observes, activities that present a concern for the safety or well-being of the user, such as hypertension, a sharp increase or decrease in blood glucose levels, rapid weight loss or gain or other unhealthy weight loss practices, mental health issues, or physical or mental abuse, Betr may alert the appropriate health-care professional and disclose relevant personal information as Betr, in its sole discretion, deems necessary or otherwise appropriate.