- 4" to 6" bamboo or steel skewers.
- 4 large organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts Cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2 lemons 1 zested and juiced, 1 sliced or cut into ¼ wedges.
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley Finely chopped.
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil Finely chopped.
- ¾ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients(everything but the chicken and lemon slices/wedges) in a large freezer zip baggie. Mix well.
- Add chicken to baggie, massaging to evenly coat with marinade, and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, best overnight!
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (dull side up) or parchment paper, skewer the chicken, and arrange skewers on the pan.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 160-170 ° F.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices/wedges and fresh herbs.
Alternate Cooking Method
- You may choose to cook these on a grill on medium heat. If so, and you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 2 hours prior to skewering the chicken. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
Tried this recipe?Mention @betr_health or tag #betrmeals