- 1 medium onion Chopped.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp mushroom broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage Chopped (about 10 – 12 leaves).
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary Chopped (about 2 stalks).
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh flat parsley Chopped.
- 1 Tbsp marjoram – dried/ground
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper Freshly cracked.
- 2 celery stalks Chopped.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa For extra depth of flavor, cook quinoa in your favorite broth (low sodium/organic)
- 1 cup kale Chopped.
- 1 granny smith apple cored & sliced
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Cook chopped onions in about 2 tablespoons of broth on medium heat until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings, simmer until aromatic – about 5 minutes (the scent is one of the ways you can tell it’s finished!).
- Add celery, cook until it’s tender-crunchy – about 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish combine cooked quinoa, kale, onion mixture, 1/4 cup mushroom broth, apple slices, and hemp seeds. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Eating for the holidays doesn’t mean giving up your holiday favorites – it’s all about making them Betr. Enjoy!
Explore Betr's risk-free trial to see if you could benefit from using food as medicine to rebuild your microbiome and realize the healthy potential you never knew you were missing!