- 2 pieces Melba toast or Grissini; for those who are on a gluten-free diet, we recommend either crackers by Yehuda or Edward & Sons Both gluten-free brands can be found at your local Whole Foods.
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper Optional.
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless organic chicken breast Tenderized (pounded) to about 3/8″ thick and cut into strips.
- 1 Tbsp skim milk OR 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grind breading option (Grissini/Melba toast) in a food processor. Add seasonings and mix.
- Add chicken to milk (or beaten egg) and toss to coat well. One at a time, place chicken strips in crumb/seasoning mix and coat both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish and bake 15 minutes, turning about halfway through. Remove from oven and place the chicken in the broiler long enough to brown each side. Serve immediately.
After reading this article, you may be asking yourself if your own health hurdles could be related to an unhealthy gut.
Explore Betr's risk-free trial to see if you could benefit from using food as medicine to rebuild your microbiome and realize the healthy potential you never knew you were missing!